Search This Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Went In To Oriental Store...

I never really do miss my oriental pinoy food since I came here in south Florida until recently. My personal choice is to eat western food for me to easily adopt the culture. I need too because this is now my home wither I like it or not. Yap, I'd like to adopt their culture in order for me to fits in their world. I love to learn, which is very interesting. Though I know not to practice every single ways they do, i just love to eat some of their food if you know what I mean? :)
Well, of course i never forget my oriental food, why should i? i grow up by eating them. Even though i ate gourmet food here, still my little stomach looking for pinoy food i used to eat. In fact I've search the Internet for an oriental store near us, unfortunately none of them I found nearer here. Instead, i found a bunch of Filipino friends whom eventually told me what store i should go. We headed there right away and found lots of pinoy food. If I did not control myself, for sure my baskets will full of junk food. I'm going crazy! :) I also glad my husband likes those some food. It gives me reason to go back there more often. not! :) I'm just joking.
Here is the photos of some food i got.
i love to eat instant noodles pancit canton with fried egg on it, phew! yummy!
I'm pretty sure you all pinoy friends here in my blog are familiar of the food on this picture. aren't you? oh yeah, that's manila longganisa is so good.
first time i cooked Munggo bean.
i called my mama across the world just to get the recipe. i didn't regret, the soup is good! though i personally did not include Dilis so that my husband can eat this. Instead I add Morningstar meat for vegetarian. The secret on how to make this food taste more good is to add Knorr Vegetable Bouillon while you saute the garlic, onion, squash, and meat in an vegetable oil. Don't forget to boil the Munggo bean in a separate pot just add enough water to make it sticky. Always stir it while boiling, make sure not to over cook!
When the saute spicies, vegetable and meat turn to brown add the cook Munggo bean, and then add a enough coconut milk on it, let boils it for a few minutes. Afterwards, add the cuccini or Upo vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
Oops, don't forget the rice! It will not be a perfect meal if without plain rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...