My commute to work is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Would you consider that traveling on a daily basis? I don't know; I think I'm right on the border. I'm asking because I want to know if I can tell people that I travel for a living. It would be a very unique answer and it wouldn't be untruthful. Think of it this way, once I get to work, I probably do a total of about 35 minutes worth of actual work throughout the day. The rest of the time, I'm going through e-mails and playing online backgammon. This is the life of an IT professional whose services are rarely required. Most of my actual work is paperwork, not in the field. So, based on these circumstances, I think it's fair to say that I travel. I spend 2 hours and 30 minutes per day traveling and only 35 minutes working. I think the traveling requires more effort and concentration. You might say I don't get paid for driving to work, but I couldn't work if I didn't drive.
I have an everyday pattern, which is to eat a bowl of cereal, set my security choice home security alarm, make sure the mailbox flag isn't limp again, place a Dave Matthews CD in my car CD player, and jam on the way to work. Not a bad gig, especially for a traveling IT guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment