Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mortgage Comparison

My husband and I bought a house last year. This is the biggest investment we have made since we just got married. As a home owner, my personal opinion about home loans is that I'd rather have a fixed rate mortgage in order to decrease the interest rate. And I think it's the best way to do it. That way our burden is lessened, and it would motivate us to pay our mortgage loan faster. The advantage of a fixed rate mortgage is that the repayments are known or fixed, and there will be no unpleasant or even pleasant surprises. I have just read in the news article about Mortgages UK, that "The National Housing Federation (NHF) has said that first-time buyers could be given help in getting on the property ladder through long-term fixed-rate Mortgages."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...