Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's For Dinner? -- Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Spring Salad with Orange

For the past three weeks I'd been eating Apple with Blue Cheese salad for dinner until I couldn't take it anymore. I love it, there is nothing wrong with it I thought I could stay eating it for a long run. I in fact tested myself if I could handle eating the same food everyday. Unfortunately my stomach gave up I couldn't even finish the whole plate on my last day. So that's what it, the end of my test. Darn it! Hehe I'd love to stay that way. It benefited me a lot. Like I maintain my weight, I don't have to worry what to prepare for dinner and healthy. Now I have to think different food for dinner that is meatless. No, I'm not trying to  be  a vegetarian all the way although there's nothing wrong with that but I still can't deny or take it away easily being carnivorous in me. I tried my best to stay away red meat, eat more seafood instead. It's hard to stay healthy, noh? *Sigh*

Anyways....

Today, I'm meaning to post here my new found recipes for dinner. It so simple yet the taste was good. Meatless. Found the recipes here. Here goes...

Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. I used Italian triple wheat baguette bread. Slice it. Brush with olive oil. Arrange on the baking sheet. Bake until the bread is crisp, about 10 minutes. Add Gorgonzola cheese to toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
After its done drizzle the toasts with honey. Serve it immediately.



While baking the bread I prepare the Spring Salad to go with it for my dinner. Here's how:

Spring Greens with Oranges- Whisk the grated zest and juice of 1 orange, honey and olive oil in a bowl. Add arugula, sliced oranges, toasted walnuts and finely sliced fennel and toss.



Here's my dinner plate. Meatless. And soooo filling. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...