Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2008

An Exotic Fruit, Originally Found In China.

When I saw Lychee in a can at the supermarket here I grabbed some of it right away. I was once tasted the smoothie made of Lychees in an Italian restaurant in Greenbelt mall, Makati, Philippines last two years ago. Even though it is expensive, but I am delighted of the taste that's so good, very delicious! From then on the fruit marks on my mind, and I thought it is a Western fruit because Lychee is not common in the Philippines (as what I thought). :)


This picture is the Lychees smoothie I made (for the first time) on our dinner last night.

Last Friday in the office I brought some of fresh Lychees fruit for my snacks. When my office mates saw it, they want to eat try to know how it taste like because they are so curious. In fact they're first time to heard about this fruit even though they are American. So I start to wondered why this fruit is not known here. Through my searching, I found out that Lychee is a tropical fruit tree native of southern China. And it is also mostly found in South East Asia (including Philippines), and more recently in California, Hawaii, and Florida, United States, the wetter areas of eastern Australia and sub-tropical regions of South Africa, also in the state of Sinaloa in Mexico.

In other words this Lychee fruit is made in China? Ha ha! Just kidding. Nope, it is actually originally found in China, now I know. :) Tomorrow I will tell my office mates about the facts I learn about this fruit. So that they will know and stop asking me anymore. As a matter of fact they started to like it, and will buy for their own consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...