Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Arnel Pineda Is Journey's New Lead Singer?

I was browsing Youtube the other day to watch ABS-CBN ASAP show latest videos, and was found the news about Arnel Pineda. It was quite interesting because they mentions about American biggest band in 70's, 80's Journey who sang the hit songs Open Arms, Don't Stop Believin and many others. If you are 80's fanatic music I'm sure you will know what I mean. Actually the Journey's music are classic and still up until now on the air wave, and many people still listening on their music including me. Anyhow, Arnel Pineda is not so famous in the Philippines music industry that is why he is not familiar to me. The story behind how he became part of Journey's band as a lead vocalist today is unbelievable. It starts when Arnel's friend from his local band The Zoo uploaded their gigs on Youtube. While in the other "planet" Neal Schon the lead guitarist of Journey looking for their new lead singer.
Read below how Neal Schon tell the story on his website Journeymusic:
“I was frustrated about not having a singer,” explains guitarist Neal Schon, “so I went on YouTube for a couple of days and just sat on it for hours. I was starting to think I was never going to find anybody. But then I found The Zoo and I watched a bunch of different video clips that they had posted. After watching the videos over and over again, I had to walk away from the computer and let what I heard sink in because it sounded too good to be true. I thought, ‘he can’t be that good.’ But he is that good, he’s the real deal and so tremendously talented. Arnel doesn’t sound synthetic and he’s not emulating anyone. I tried to get a hold of him through YouTube and I finally heard from him that night, but it took some convincing to get him to believe that it really was me and not an imposter.”
To me he is so lucky, unbelievably lucky! Infairness he's got the talent, in fact his voice is similar to Steve Perry the original vocalist of Journey. I hope Steve Perry and his fans will not feel bad. Right now The Journey has a new album title Revelation and it will release this coming June 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...