Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Cook Like My Mom

I always remember when my mama cooking food for our meals almost everybody (except when shes sick or out of town), that she cook very good food. Our relatives, friends and neighbors knows her natural talent in cooking, in which she is known. Technically my mama didn't teach me her cooking techniques to me because I didn't show her my interest in cooking until now. The last time I goes home to visit them my mama cook food for me. Am I spoiled? Nope, I'm not. I just like her food, I always gonna miss it. But now that I'm married and living away from her, I feel obligated to cook not only for myself but for my new family here. Once my mama told me that if I get married, I should have learn to cook to feed my future husband. Indeed, I was learn. Because if I don't, I couldn't eat the food I like or my husband likes unless if we don't want to save money and to eat out everyday. That's ridiculous! I know.. So, yeah I cook now. I love it, I like to be in the kitchen all the time. Perhaps, its in my blood that I can cook as like my mama even if we didn't go to school to learn for it. It's good because I got praise when they ate my food, they said its good and delicious. I don't care if they lied but I'm happy cause they eat it. Hehehe.
Well, today as to celebrate Mother's Day I cook Filipino style Spaghetti for the first time in my life. I used to prepare spaghetti for my husband but the sauce is instant that I bought from the store. Not this time, I cooked the sauce from scratch. It turn out fine, and tastefully good, my family likes it. I'm so proud of myself and thankful for my mama who is the legend cooker of my families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...