Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Celebrating Christmas

At home with the family is the most wonderful experience that I've always treasure. Ever since I moved here in the U.S.A to start a new life with the husband god never fails me to bless of having a wonderful family. I feel at home. I volunteer from my in-laws to host a lunch every Christmas day celebration. So, ever since it is our tradition to have a party in my home.

We usually started to exchange gifts before we digging in the food. I (even my dog Stormy) love exchanging gifts! It brought so much fun and excitement.


This year Christmas celebration I prepared a simple yet healthy delicious meals for us. Two weeks before Christmas I am searching recipes for me to prepare. Thanks of my FoodNetwork magazines! It made my searching a lot easier. I edited some of the ingredients of the recipes in order for me to achieve the goal to cook a vegetarian food. I cooked for the appetizer: Deep-Fried Green Beans, for the main entree: Rice Pilaf, Spicy Escarole w/ Garlic, Vegetable-Mushroom Stew and for not so vegetarian I cooked Mustard-Dill Fish, for the dessert: Creme Brulle


I was surprised the food came out taste good. Not I am biased because I cooked it but because the recipes is came from the proffesional chefs of the said magazine. Anyway, everybody was happy and enjoyed feasting the food. I hope everybody had a blast Christmas this year. I wish you all more blessings to come from our home to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...