Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Quit

from my job just recently, I can't take the stress anymore because of my crazy work schedules! I realize that retail job is not just for me. It's an easy job if you can think of but it's hard if you're in my shoes because of those flexible working hours that doesn't give me a better salary. It doesn't worth it at all. The money I'm getting from that job couldn't pay my hospitalization if ever I get sick. So just like that I quit even they wanted me to stay. I feel so happy of my decision right now. I have no regrets.

On my short time working at the retail company I have so many things that I learn from it. 1) Using coupons when purchasing an item is a great deal, but there's a catch! Read the coupon instructions very carefully sometimes it fools you. 2) It easy to return the purchased items if we have proof of purchase to show. I know this is a self explanatory but in my experience I still got so many customers returning their item without proof of purchase, I hate to explain it to them every now and then (it's my job anyway, haha!) so from now on I keep my receipts just in case I have something to returned. 3) I'm expert when it comes to dealing the customers many times I got compliments from them, very rewarding. But somehow I encountered predators! That breaks my heart. I hate it. 4) Not only I have a customer predators I also have co-associates predators!! The meanest of all witches! LOL Somehow I manage to insult them (with my signature polite tune) or I ignore them. 5) At work every different races have their own groups like black, hispanic, and white since I'm the only Asian I choose and try to get along all of them. I got to learn from their cultures. Cool!

What I've accomplished? I got them a credit (which is hard to achieve but I did it, I am so proud of myself) and they gave me $3 as a reward. Yay cheap! Hahaha I made over of my selling goals not only once but trice! That's why they keep increasing my selling goals every now and then. Yay! LOL
I really do thankful for these experiences. Something that I can be proud of. I don't feel bad to end this year without a job because I have a feeling of having a new job to start a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...