Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Speaking In English

Many times I've asked by my coworkers (especially latinos) why I speak English very well (not that I know hehe). Their followed up guestion was always how did I learned to speak English. My simple answered to them was I learned English at our school when I'm studying. Our textbooks are mostly in English except the Filipino subject. They were surprised because in their country they use only one language (of course their native language) at school that's why they find it hard to speak and understand English even though they're here in Florida for more than a decade now. I don't think its a huge disadvantage for them since mostly people living in Florida are latinos. Many establishments and companies own by many latinos. I in fact wanted to learn to speak their language so I can get a job easily . Isn't it ironic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...