Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Tribute to Grandma

My late grandmother did not hospitalized until 2008 she was 86 years old then. I admire her conservativeness, being laid back, her superstitious beliefs, being vain, being herbal users and witty. There are in fact many things that I like about my great grandma. I acquired some of those personality from her being vain is one, and ohh, I love herbal too. I am conservative/liberal, grandma doesn't understand my choices or views sometimes. It also hard for me to explain further to her why because she always sticks with her gun. :)  I don't argue with her it pointless if I tried.  


Anyways, grandma used to put fresh coconut milk on my hair after shampoo when I was a little. A treatment for fleas and to make my hair shiny too. It works though. It's 100% organic that is. Ha! Whenever I gets stomach ache she just picked up some herbal leaves on her backyard put it in the casserole with water and boil for me to drinks when it warm. When I had a chickenpox she just rubbed my skin with  mashed papaya leaves during bath time to ease the itchiness also in order not to have scars. It works! She loves herbal medicines. If she's still alive now I'm pretty sure she would shock to know that there are many herbal slimming pills selling in the markets anywhere nowadays because she doesn't understand our new lifestyle now. At least she got the chance to see and live with the new crazy world. Sure, she's happy where she at now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...