Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2007

Depp At His Best

SWEENY TODD COMING SOON!

Johnny Depp is the Screen Actors Guild Award winner for best actor - Motion Picture 2003 for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Best known for his frequent portrayals as eccentric characters such as Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.
Jack Sparrow is the Pirate Lord of the Caribbean Sea, and a trickster who uses wit and deceit to attain his goals.

One of the scenes I liked is when Jack and Barbossa duel in the cave, and Barbossa hits Jack in the face. Barbossa yells, "Aaaah," and Jack takes off running with his arms waving wildly in the air. That is so funny!!

And my favorite lines of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie are;
"Bring me that horizon, nanananana really bad eggs, drink up me hearties yo ho!"

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid."

Another Johnny Depp movie I like is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. His character as Willy Wonka: the greatest chocolate maker in the world. He closed his factory, fired all of his workers, and replaced them with natives of Loompaland because of his fear of corporate spies working in the pay of other, less successful companies. He sends out five Golden Tickets and allowed five children to visit the factory in order to find an heir after finding a grey hair. He is intelligent, but has stunted social skills that render him extremely bizarre to most people from the "outside world", due to his unhappy childhood and the long isolation from the world since the factory's closure.

One of the scenes I liked is when Charlie enters the chocolate room where the chocolate waterfall and chocolate river are. The best candy to eat is the buttercup. Augstus Gloop falls into the chocolate river and gets sucked up a pipe . Willy Wonka sends Augustus’ mom and dad to the fudge room.

The dialouge in the movie makes me laugh, Veruca Salt reminds me of my niece.

Mr. Salt: "Snozzwangers? Vermicious Knids? What kind of rubbish is that?"
Willy Wonka: "I'm sorry, but all questions must be submitted in writing. And so, in the greatest of secrecy I transported the entire population of Oompa Loompas to my factory here."
Veruca Salt: "Hey, Daddy, I want an Oompa Loompa. I want you to get me an Oompa Loompa right away."
Mr. Salt: "All right, Veruca, all right. I'll get you one before the day is out."
Veruca Salt: "I want an Oompa Loompa now!"
Violet Beauregarde: "CAN it, you nit!"

To conclude my debate as to which scene and movie is his best, I will have to choose Pirates of the Caribbean because he won Best Actor.

It is already proven that Johnny Depp is one of the finest and one of the best actors in Hollywood today. I like him when he portrays a character being witty and bad in a movie. He is very good at that. Speaking of movies, Johnny Depp has an upcoming movie Sweeny Todd to be shown this month, visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site

It is directed by his friend Tim Burton, and will be in theaters December 21, 2007. In this movie, Johnny Depp gets revenge on those who harmed him and his family. It looks to be very dark yet funny. It is sure to be another excellent film with Depp. I really can't wait!

For more information, visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...