Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2005

CHOCOHOLIC

Mama revealed she likes to eat chocolate when she pregnant me. That was why I’m wondering why I have a brown spot birth mark in my lower chin and how I possess chocolate to the max! In other words, I’m a chocoholic!
Then, I always make sure to have it on my bag or in my drawer at work. I always have a bite after meal or when I do leisure time watching TV. I ate chocolate when I’m sad or feeling down. I ate chocolate to provide a quick energy boost especially when I have my monthly period or when I’m get so tired, that’s how I tickled myself. Most of us know chocolate as a deliciously decadent sweet that we eat and I have a sweet tooth and that’s maybe also the reason why I like it. I read some article about chocolate and I have attached below some good news about CHOCOLAT – CHOCOLATE [note: italic caption is my personal comment]
Here, read on.

More About Chocolate and Your Health



Is Chocolate Addictive?
Millions of chocolate lovers insist that the sweet gives them a major “emotional buzz” and hooks them like a drug. Is there any hard evidence to support their claims? According to the consensus of reports from current research, not really.
I must say, chocolate addiction is psychological, not physiological. I might emotionally suffer if I don’t eat the chocolate, but I’m not going through physical withdrawal.
Chocolate can’t give you a strong, physical “rush.”
Chocolate contains more than 300 chemicals, including stimulants such as caffeine and theobromine. But these stimulants aren’t present in large enough quantities to significantly affect the brain and nervous system.

Oh this is great! I’m not that really ate a large amount of chocolate nor not everyday and still this is a great news, right people?
Chocolate isn’t chemically habit-forming.
Researchers at the Neurosciences Institute in San Diego, California, report that chocolate does contain some minor mood-altering substances. These chemicals seem to mimic the effects of marijuana, to a small degree. In other words, they trigger physical and psychological responses in the brain that are similar to those induced by THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.However, to get “high,” studies show that you would have to eat more than 25 pounds of chocolate in one sitting. And these chemicals cannot make you physically addicted to chocolate.

Of course, all I know no one can stand eat at least 25 pounds of chocolate in one sitting. For me, I ate a little just to ease my craving.
Chocolate can be a culturally created craving.
Despite the above facts, self-professed chocolate addicts aren’t delusional. Research performed at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, the American University, and other institutions seems to indicate that the human obsession with chocolate is more likely the result of learned behaviors and cultural factors rather than chemicals.As for chocolate’s other mood-elevating properties—carbohydrates present in the sweet can raise serotonin levels in the brain and lead to a feeling of well-being.

Well, no one can resist biting chocolate even if a little amount. Not unless if you are diabetic.

Eating chocolate will not raise your cholesterol.
Chocolate and cocoa butter contain two main saturated fats (palmitic and stearic acids) and one mono-unsaturated fat (oleic acid). Unlike other saturated fats, stearic acid is a neutral fat and does not appear to raise bad cholesterol (LDL). Oleic acid is the same type of fat in olive oil and may actually raise good cholesterol levels (HDL).
This is good for those who want to loose weight, isn’t it?
But chocolate also contains sugar and fat.
Most of these studies don’t address how much chocolate is needed to achieve health benefits, nor do they mention any long-term benefits or risks of eating chocolate.


However, this has taught me to be vigilant, to pay attention to the smallest symptom of early onset disease like diabetes or hypertensions. I know not all chocolate is healthy. We should always look the good for our health.


To those who have pets, please note this.

Chocolate contains chemicals that dogs and cats cannot process.Dogs and cats can’t metabolize or excrete theobromine, a mild stimulant found in chocolate. In some pets, theobromine can trigger seizures, cardiac irregularity, and internal bleeding, and can even lead to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...